Oil & Gas
Martin Legal Group's primary practice area is oil, gas, and mineral law.
The attorneys of Martin Legal Group have each devoted a majority of their careers to representing clients in the oil and gas industry.
Our attorneys possess a high degree of competence in oil and gas law, highlighted by the fact that two of our attorneys are Board Certified in Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Martin Legal Group recognizes that today's oil and gas legal issues don't stop at the state line - we have attorneys licensed in Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Kansas, along with a trusted network of transactional and litigation attorneys in several other states, which provide Martin Legal Group the ability to staff-up quickly for large projects.
We are proud of our clients' achievements, we are inspired their entrepreneurial spirit, and we are privileged to put decades of oil and gas experience to work to develop legal solutions designed to meet their business objectives.
- Exploration and production companies
- Private equity investors
- Mineral and royalty owners and buyers
- Prominent landowners
- Banks and trusts
- Land brokers
- Land managers
- Title Opinions (Drilling, Acquisition, Leasehold and Division Order)
- Purchase and sale due diligence (Mineral/Royalty and Leasehold)
- Royalty and revenue payment disputes
- Joint Operating Agreements
- Surface Use Agreements
- Oil and Gas Lease drafting and negotiations
- Oil and Gas Lease termination disputes
- Lease Amendments and Ratifications
- Private Placement Memoranda
- Breach of Warranty disputes
- 1031 Exchanges
- Represented purchaser in $26 million mineral purchase in Reeves County, Texas
- Represented purchaser in $15 million leasehold purchase in Sterling County, Texas
- Represented seller in 4-well working interest sale in Williams County, North Dakota
- Represented seller in $2.75 million mineral and royalty sale
- Secured payment of $80k in unpaid royalties for lands in Wharton County, Texas
- Secured payment of $100k refund of expense deductions applied to overriding royalty in Wise County, Texas
- Drafted private placement memorandum seeking funds for a 4-well drilling program
- Secured refund of purchase price in mineral purchase breach of warranty case
- Drafted 2000+ Drilling and Division Order Title Opinions in Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Kansas, Pennsylvania and Colorado
- Represented an Ohio surface owner in successfully claiming abandoned minerals under the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act